Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pu Lalthanhawla Sticks To His Stand on Racism Remarks


A
izawl, Jul 11 : Mizoram Chief Minister Pu Lalthanhawla today said that he stood ‘firm’ on the remarks on racism he recently made at the International Water Resource Week in Singapore.

“If someone distorted and misreported my remarks, it is upto them to do so in order to defame and malign me, but I stand firm on what I said,” Thanhawla said in an official statement.

The Chief Minister said that his remarks on racism had positive reaction in the country.

“I am extremely happy that our leaders here supported my statement.”

Media reports from Singapore quoted Thanhawla as saying that he had faced racism in India, but an official statement issued by the Resident Commissioner of Mizoram House in New Delhi on June 26 said that the Chief Minister was misquoted by the media.

0 comments:

Post a Comment