Tuesday, February 23, 2010

‘The Hurt Locker’ wins six awards at BAFTAs

LONDON - Iraq war drama ‘The Hurt Locker’ has won the best film gong at the BAFTAs Awards.

The movie was the most successful, taking home six awards in total including best director for Kathryn Bigelow.

She is the first woman to win the prize.

Colin Firth won the best actor for his portrayal of a gay academic in Tom Ford’s ‘A Single Man’.

He thanked his director for leaving him “resuscitated, a little more worldly, better groomed, more fragrant and more nominated than one has ever been before”.

“What Tom Ford doesn’t know is I have the e-mail in my outbox telling him I could not possibly do this,” the BBC News quoted him as saying.

He added: “I was about to send this when a man came to repair my fridge.I don’t know what’s best for me so I would like to thank the fridge guy.”

Carey Mulligan bagged the best actress gong for her role in the UK film ‘An Education.’

MAIN BAFTA WINNERS

Best film: The Hurt Locker

Best British film: Fish Tank

Best actor: Colin Firth (A Single Man)

Best actress: Carey Mulligan (An Education)

Best supporting actor: Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)

Best supporting actress: Mo’Nique (Precious)

Director: Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) (ANI)

0 comments:

Post a Comment