Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jessica Alba excited about her first Latina role

LONDON - Mexican-American actress Jessica Alba has revealed that she got immediately attracted to her latest film because she could draw on her own heritage.The 29-year-old star reunited with Sin City director Robert Rodriguez for the revenge thriller ‘Machete’.In the film, she plays a Latina character, a determined US Immigration agent, for the first time.“I have never played a Latina in a film before… I’ve always thought if I’m going to play a Latina character, I want her to be this dynamic and strong woman, like the women I grew up with,” the Mirror quoted her as telling Tatler magazine.The actress also said that her heritage meant she had an instant bond with the film’s director.“Robert Rodriguez’s movies are so entertaining. I grew up Mexican-American and so did he. We were instantly like family. We cook and hang out with the kids,” she said. (ANI)

0 comments:

Post a Comment